Tuesday, December 15, 2015

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year...

I have always loved Christmas. I still do, with every beat of my heart; I love the smells, the warmth, the laughter, the decorations, the sweets, the presents... The list goes on and on, but what I most love about Christmas is that you get to be a kid again. Yes, I am still young (not adult, that is) but I don't really feel like a kid. Mostly, I think childhood is just a feeling - one that I happen to love.

But somehow, this time of year always seems to be the busiest one, and so Christmas sort of gets pushed out of sight by half a million exams and everything else life always throws at me in December. I don't want it to happen - my never-ending to-do list steals away my Christmas spirit. But honestly - my entire life would look a lot different if I could choose everything for myself. Reality: I can't.

Here's what I want to be doing:
›› Make Christmas-candy
›› Christmas decorate
›› Read Christmas-themed books
›› Wrap gifts prettily and rhyme
›› Buy a dress for Christmas Eve
›› Enjoy and appreciate my life and everyone in it

Here's what I am doing:
›› Studying
›› Studying
›› Studying

Even stealing a moment to write this post is something I know I really shouldn't be doing - I have a Math test tomorrow. But I'm sick of studying. And I'm sick of the most peaceful time of year becoming the most demanding one, the time when I am the most disrupted.

There are lots of posts I want to write, so hopefully, I can find some time to do that these next few days. Until then, you'll find me with my nose in school books.

Hope your December is wonderful, peaceful and cheerful!

No comments:

Post a Comment